So, earlier I realized that I hadn't posted any of the pictures from my summer adventures. So I will start with my trip to Sedona and Slide Rock with one of my friend Becky. It was loads of fun and by the end of the day we were both sun burnt and exhausted.
We had to start driving kind of late in the day because I had to work. Along the way we stopped at a rest stop with some of the prettiest views I've seen in Arizona. A lot of people think of flat dry barren sand like the Sahara when they think of the desert. Arizona has wild, rough, rugged, and beautiful. The plants in Arizona has fight hard to live in the desert, and have to deal with extreme temperatures (over 100 F in the summer and below freezing in the winter).
We got to our campsite just before it got dark, pulled out the propane stove my parents lent us, and realized that the pipe that goes from the propane cylinder to the burner was missing. I thought, "Grrrr!" Becky and I eventually decided to find a restaurant still open and get firewood for the morning. Kind of hard to find an open restaurant at nine at night, but we succeeded and enjoyed a large excellent Italian meal.
The woke up to a bright beautiful sunrise. After looking around at the campground in daylight, it looked like it was built on old ranch land. It was situated on a hill where we could see into the valley below.
 |
| Sedona in the valley and Jerome on the hill |
 |
| Desert scrub in all its scroungy glory! |
 |
| Pose sexy! One of my best friends Becky. |
 |
| That streak of green is where there is a creek going through the valley. |
 |
| An old building on the campground that leads me to believe that we slept where the cows used to sleep. ;) |
We had to drive through Sedona to get to Slide Rock. Once upon a time Sedona was cute little town with funny little shops all over the place. Suddenly tourists invaded and turned the town into a trap. The stores in downtown looked more like the stores you'd find in Beverly Hills rather an old small western town. Sadness. The rock formations surrounding the valley are still beautiful. The rock and dirt around Sedona is full of minerals, so get that wonderful rust color.
Definitely ICK! Looks like lots of fun. I've never been to Jerome, wish I had gone in the 70's!
ReplyDelete